(November 4, 2016 — Iqaluit, Nunavut) Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. Chief Returning Officer Mary Wilman announced that the nomination period for the NTI Election for President closed at 5 p.m. local time today.
Levinia Brown, Aluki Kotierk, Joe Adla Kunuk and Cathy Towtongie submitted their nomination papers for the NTI Election for President. Candidates have until Nov. 7, 2016, at 5 p.m. local time to withdraw their papers.
Eligible candidates and voters must be Canadian citizens, at least 16 years of age by Dec. 12, 2016, and enrolled or eligible to enroll under the Nunavut Agreement.
Voters now have five ways to vote in NTI elections. Voters can vote:
1) at advance polls on December 5;
2) in person on election day on December 12;
3) by mobile poll on election day on December 12;
4) by proxy vote on election day on December 12; or
5) mail-in ballot post-dated on or before December 12.
For further information:
Chief Returning Officer
Tel: (867) 979-6554