Do you like to engage community members and ask questions?
Are you a good listener?
Are you fluent in lnuktitut or lnuinnaqtun?
If so, this opportunity is for you!
Building sustainable futures
Positions Available: Location:
Hourly rate: Tenure:
Various (Interviewers, Guides, Interpreters) Nunavut, Canada
$19.92 per hour (plus applicable allowances)
Part-time contract work between January 3, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Minimum quali fications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and eligible to work in Canada
- Basic computer skills and experience dealing with the public
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
We are particularly l ooking for i ndividuals that:
- Have the ability to speak lnuktitut and/or lnuinnaqtun
- Are knowledgeable about the Inuit culture, society and economy
- Have experience working or living in Nunavut communities
- Available to work a flexible schedule that may include days, evenings and weekends
About the job
Statistics Canada will be going door-to-door to conduct interviews for the Aboriginal Peoples Survey starting in January 2017. A key focus ofthe survey in Nunavut is to learn more ways to increase Inuit employment. Statistics Canada is committed to hiring local interviewing teams in Nunavut.
This is a unique opportunity to engage with your community on this very important survey, part of which was developed in partnership with Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. and the Government of Nunavut.
Training will be provided to all successful candidates. We look forward to meeting you!
Inuit enrolled under the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement (NLCA) are strongly encouraged to apply!
It’s your community: Make it your project! ·
If you are interested, or would like more information,please contact us by email at bethany.long@cana da.ca or Toll Free at: 1 -855-869-8674
Also available in lnuktitut (*Translated)