Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. today announced that Lori Idlout and Ayaya Marketing and Communications will serve as Chief Returning Officer for the upcoming NTI Elections, scheduled for December 13, 2010. Beneficiaries will elect two vice-presidents.
Upon being named Chief Returning Officer, Ayaya announced several key dates related to the NTI election. The dates are as follows:
· November 1, 2010: Nomination papers are made available to candidates
· November 5, 2010: Nomination period closes.
· November 8, 2010: Deadline for candidates to withdraw
· December 6, 2010: Advance Poll
· December 13, 2010: Election Day
Inuit who are Canadian citizens, 16 years of age or older and eligible to enroll as Beneficiaries under the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement can run and vote in NTI Elections.