NTF Post-Secondary Scholarship applications will be accepted from July 18, 2022 to August 31, 2022.
Post-Secondary Scholarship ($2,500)
For students enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution such as a college or university for;
• An education program that leads to a bachelor degree or higher degree,
• A diploma-leading program that is two academic years or longer in duration,
• A post-secondary preparatory program with a duration of at least one academic year or longer, the objective of which is to prepare a student to enroll into a degree-leading program or a diploma-leading program as described above.
The Post-Secondary Scholarship will be awarded in two $1,250 installments (September and January). Students must be enrolled in full-time studies for both the fall and winter semesters. Students must provide NTF with a Confirmation of Enrollment letter prior to the second installment pay-out. Transcripts or class schedules will NOT be accepted as proof of enrollment.
Skills & Employment Advancement Scholarship ($1,500)
For students in a program that is four weeks or longer, but less than two years, related to;
• Trades training,
• Skill development training,
• Upgrading in a program (A.B.E., P.A.S.S., G.E.D., Foundation Year, pre-trades, etc)
Those applying for the Skill and Employment Advancement Scholarships are encouraged to apply as soon as they are accepted into a recognized program that runs outside of the typical academic schedule.
Applications require the following information:
• Completed and signed application form;
• Recent confirmation of enrolment or confirmation of continuation letter;
• Copy of your photo ID; and,
• Void cheque. If not void cheque or banking information is provided a cheque will be mailed via Canada Post.
The Foundation reserves the right to limit recipients on a first come, first-served basis. Once budgetary restrictions have been met, applications will no longer be accepted. NTF Scholarships are considered income for income tax purposes and a T4A will be issued to all recipients.