- Bereavement Travel Program
Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.’s (NTI) Bereavement Travel Program provides financial assistance for air travel for a maximum of two (2) family members who wish
to travel to attend the funeral of a family member in another Nunavut community.
Who is eligible?
• The deceased must be a family member. Eligible relatives include grandmother, grandfather, mother, father, daughter, son, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, grandchildren.
• NTI must receive a copy of the death certificate.
• The deceased be an immediate family member of a registered Beneficiary of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement (NLCA).
• The recipients must be registered Beneficiaries of the NLCA.
• Families must work together to determine which family members are in most need of assistance.
• NTI will provide assistance to the individuals selected by the family. Community Liaison Officers will assist NTI in this area.
• Priority will be given to family members over the age of 16.
How do Beneficiaries access the Bereavement Travel Program
1. The Bereavement Travel Program Application Form is available below or by contacting Debbie Baker at the NTI office in Rankin Inlet at 1-888-236-5400 or (867) 645-5400.
2. The Bereavement Travel Program application form must be completed and submitted to NTI’s office in Rankin Inlet.
3. On receipt of the completed application form and required documents, NTI will make all travel arrangements.
4. Airfares will be paid for two (2) qualifying persons.